Become a highly-valued member of our team
Are you interested in working on complex M&A transactions in a collegial and inclusive environment? If being part of a highly experienced team where hard work is rewarded and asking questions is encouraged appeals to you, please get in touch with us at [email protected] or [email protected] or apply directly to one of the positions below.
EMEA Region: London, Paris and Frankfurt
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Analyst
We are looking for ambitious M&A Analysts to join our EMEA team. You will work directly with the underwriting team, who evaluate M&A opportunities and businesses across industries and jurisdictions, and are recognised leaders in the transactional risk insurance space. The position will provide in-depth exposure to international M&A and the insurance industry in an entrepreneurial environment. We are recruiting for roles based in London, Paris and Frankfurt.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing M&A transactions, including reviewing financial statements, business background information, due diligence material and purchase agreements
- Managing a consistent stream of deal opportunities that consider the use of transactional risk insurance
- Preparing quotes and policies
- Developing marketing materials and presentations
- Coordinating and communicating with insurance brokers, lawyers and clients
- Providing project management support including database administration and invoice management
- Attending industry events and training where necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Recent graduate (or graduating summer 2023) with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years’ relevant work experience
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is a must
- If applying for roles based in Frankfurt or Paris, fluency in German or French (spoken and written) is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of the Salesforce platform are advantageous
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, ambitious, detail-oriented and a natural team player
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Work: Full-time with a 3-6 month induction at the start of employment based at our office in London.
Location: This role will be based in either Frankfurt, Paris or London. We offer a flexible mix of office and home based working.
Salary & Benefits: Euclid Transactional offers competitive salaries and provides generous benefits, including health insurance, pension scheme, paid parental leave, charitable gift matching and health and wellness contributions.
Application Procedure: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. If we wish to invite you to interview, you will be expected to provide university transcripts.
M&A Claims Associate
An exciting opportunity to join our growing EMEA team, in a developing area of insurance (W&I) – perfect for lawyers looking for a new challenge outside of private practice or an experienced claims-handler looking to move into a new and exciting area of claims. This role will combine complex legal and commercial issues, with a fast-pace and international working environment.
Company: Euclid Transactional
Company Summary: Euclid Transactional is an entrepreneurial, market-leading managing general agency specializing in underwriting transactional insurance, including in relation to warranties, tax and contingent liabilities. We have over 100 global employees with 7 global offices including New York, Chicago, Toronto, London, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Frankfurt.
Position: M&A Claims Associate/ Counsel, EMEA
Location: London Office
Role Summary: Euclid is looking for an M&A Claims Counsel to join its EMEA claims team, which together with the US team, is the largest dedicated W&I claims team in the industry. The position offers in-depth exposure to claims resulting from some of the largest and most complex M&A transactions across Europe. Responsibilities include:
- Directing the investigation of claims on Euclid’s polices from Insureds throughout EMEA, including:
- Analyzing complex legal and financial issues.
- Instructing leading legal, financial, and other advisors in different jurisdictions to assis
- Working with Euclid’s highly respected and experienced W&I underwriters.
- Running calls with insureds, advisors and brokers.
- Drafting correspondence and information requests to insureds.
- Handling settlement negotiations and resolution of claims.
- Communicating with a variety of business partners and constituents, including clients, brokers, and partner carriers throughout the industry and EMEA.
- There would also be the opportunity to help grow Euclid’s contingent risk practice by helping assess submissions and be involved in the underwriting and policy negotiation of these types of (specific known) risks (see https://euclidtransactional.com/contingent-liability/)
- Interest in M&A, or relevant experience with litigation or handling M&A transactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and very strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Team-oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a solicitor/ barrister (or equivalent) or in- house claims handling.
- Language skills and/ or experience working in M&A/ claims across Europe an added benefit
Level: 2 years + We are open to meeting applicants who are junior and wish to grow into the role or someone with more experience, who will be able to take on more responsibility.
Work: Full-time (also willing to consider part time/ flexible working).
Application Procedure: To apply, send CV to [email protected]
Euclid Transactional is an equal opportunity employer who recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual or affectional orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Euclid Transactional is committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse, inclusive environment where different backgrounds, characteristics and viewpoints are valued. To advance this commitment, we have formed and empowered a Diversity and Inclusion Committee to help us put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company culture—and build a team that better reflects our desire for more equal representation in everything we do.